History of The Claxton Bank
THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.
A lot has happened since 1941 when The Claxton Bank opened for business. The past seven decades have been eventful to say the least. More has happened to change the way mankind lives and works than in any other such period of time.
At The Claxton Bank, we've seen many changes in Evans County. But through it all, one thing has remained the same, the way we do business. Now, just as it was back then, we are committed to helping our customers manage their "todays" and find their place in tomorrow. Indeed, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
- 1962 The Claxton Bank reaches assets of $4.4 million.
- 1967 The Claxton Bank opens first drive thru at Main Branch.
- 1974 The Claxton Bank opens branch in Bellville.
- 1979 The Claxton Bank opens a branch in the Claxton Square Shopping Center.
- 1991 The Newton Street Branch, formerly Fulton Federal Savings and Loan, opens in July.
- 1996 The Claxton Bank opens first ATM at Main Office.
- 2000 The Claxton Bank reports record earnings, deposits, loans and total assets.
- 2002 TCB offers Visa© Check Cards.
- 2004 TCB adds Online Banking services.
- 2011 The Claxton Bank celebrates 70 years!
- 2013 New Square Branch is built
- 2014 Centennial Commemorative Coin designed by TCB to Congratulate Evans County on 100 years!